Saturday, September 17, 2016

The last post... hmmm...not

No this is definitely not "the last post". In fact, I have a strong feeling I'll return to Italy. Perhaps to visit the south next time. And I'll be more fluent. I have loved using the little Italian I know. But to be honest, all I have to do is breathe in and they speak to me in English! :)

The risotto was disappointing because the rice was undercooked. Delicious flavour though. Actually I enjoyed my taste of Serena's spaghetti with artichokes. If we travel together again, I'll let her order for me. She and Richard made pizzas on Hornby for years that would rival some that we had here, so maybe experience pays. Anyway, I'll post a couple pictures on facebook.

Of course I've missed a few things... like the night in Florence that Sarah and Anthony took us to a place that was originally a convent, turned prison, and now social housing with a restaurant, tables and stage in the courtyard. Many prison artefacts have been used, and one hall has been left intact with the doors to the cells. Serena took a pic of me trying to peer through the keyhole through which the guards could peak, perhaps to see if the prisoner was still alive. Shudder. There was a swing band that night, compsed of horns and a banjo. They were excellent, and so were half a dozen young couples who really knew what they were doing.

Well, arreverderci, Roma. though I don't think I'll return.

So I'll say Ciao, and grazie mille!

No comments:

Post a Comment