Saturday, September 17, 2016

Our last day

We're about to have our last delicious meal in Italy! At - wait for it - the bus and train terminal. It is, without a doubt, the most delicious and exotic cafeteria I've ever been in! Serena had a plate of risotto with bits of salmon when we arrived yesterday. Granted we were hungry after our train trip from Orvieto, but still...  I tasted it and can't wait to have my own full plate. Now I know what risotto is supposed to taste like.

I haven't written about the food yet. As a wannabe vegan, I fell a little sheepish about how MUCH I've enjoyed the cheese! And especially the pecorino, which is, coincidentally, made from sheep's milk. And there's the pasta... And the pizza! It's easy to be vegetariano here though. 

The wine is excellent, and oh! the morning cappucino with a pastry, eaten sranding at the bar. (it's more than twice the price if you sit down....)

One last post to come... Check back in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment