Sunday, September 11, 2016

Orvieto: midnight misery

Well it can't all be perfect, so forgive me if I whine a bit...

It's 1:15 am. I know because the church bell rang once. I think it rings twice at every half hour, and 3 times at the 45 minute mark. Not sure what it does on the hour. It didn't ring 12 times at midnight so that's a blessing. I'm wearing the ear phones, the passive noise reducers I got for the flight over. The party in the restaurant downstairs is still going strong. These Italians know how to have a good time.

I had closed the windows but then opened them again, then closed them again... the excess of cleaning product is giving me a headache and affecting my sinuses. I've been alternating between opening and closing the windows for the last couple hours...

Tomorrow morning we're planning to walk around the outskirts of town. Orvieto is a walled city, so I expect the views will be lovely. I'll let you know tomorrow. After my nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment