Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tintern Abbey and arggh...technology

I forked out £11 to tour the Roman ruins at Bath. It looks all touristy and tidy from the outside, but underground you can see the excavated ruins...the altar, a circular pool where they cooled off after the hotsprings, and stone steps to the temple, worn into deep grooves by thousands of feet over those centuries. Excellent commentary, and projections of characters moving on the stone walls to bring it to life.

Then took a bus through Bristol to the Wye Valley in Wales and toured the incredible ruins of Tintern Abbey, the ancient, soaring windows filled with blue sky and clouds instead of stained glass. I have some great photos, one with a black cow seen through the church door, but can't figure out how to upload them to "alien" computers. And I'm frustrated that my little Netbook doesn't want to pick up wireless signals and I'm thinking of throwing its 3 pounds overboard... I really am technologically challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment