Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Finally, Rome

After 21 hours of travelling on little food and no sleep, I've finally arrived. Serena was waiting in the Air B & B we'd booked on Via Montebello. Our first taste of Italy was a glass of vino Rossi at a nearby bar, and a delicious pizza made in an open oven with arugula salad.

Why was the travel so long? Not one but Two consecutive delays leaving the airport... First a small mechanical function that took an hour to resolve, immediately followed by a medical emergency that necessitated finding the passenger's luggage... and that took another hour! Then another hour waiting to have passports stamped. There were definitely 1000 - probably more- ahead of me in line.

Much more about the day that we needn't repeat, but when dear Jean from Sydney Australia offered me her seat on the train from the airport to Rome, I shed a tear at her kindness?

Tomorrow we wander, Friday the Vatican tour.

Now if only I can figure out how to get a photo taken on this iPad, to this blog, I'll feel pretty smug!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it safely, and you're having fun! ~ Micah

    ReplyDelete